These fluffy homemade pancakes are easy to make and taste delicious. They are a family favorite that we often make on the weekends. Making pancakes from scratch is easy, cheaper, and as most homemade foods go, tastes SO much better.
How to make fluffy homemade pancakes:
Begin by heating a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Next, add the dry ingredients: 2 ½ c. flour, 1 tsp. salt, 2 Tbsp. baking powder, and 2 Tbsp. sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix these ingredients together until well combined.
In a microwave safe bowl, add 4 Tbsp. of butter to 2 cups of milk and warm-up until butter is just melted. Add to dry ingredients along with two eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla.
Mix all of the ingredients together well until the pancake batter is smooth. If a few lumps remain that is fine.
In a heated skillet add approx. ½ tsp of butter. Once it is melted, pour about ½ cup of batter in the middle of the melted butter and allow to cook until the bubbles that pop leave a small hole. Carefully flip the pancake over and leave for an additional 30 seconds or until the edges are golden before removing from skillet. Continue until all of the batter is cooked.
These pancakes are delicious with maple syrup, fresh berries, or my favorite buttermilk & browned butter syrup.
- The dry ingredients can be mixed up before you want to make any pancakes and stored in an airtight container. I find this helpful especially on school mornings.
- Store leftover batter in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. The top layer of the batter may turn darker but it is still good. Just stir the batter well before cooking. also, sometimes I add a few tablespoons of milk to the batter if it is too thick
Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- 2½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- Preheat skillet to medium heat
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar to large mixing bowl and stir to combine
- In a microwave safe bowl and milk and butter and heat just until the butter is melted.
- Add milk and melted butter along with the eggs and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
- Place approx. ½ tsp butter on heated skillet. Once the butter is melted add ½ cup of pancake batter and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. When the bubbles that form pop and leave a hole the pancake is ready to flip over.
- Cook on other side for 45 seconds before removing the pancake to a plate.